For the new AirGradient monitors we use the ESP32-C3-MINI microcontroller. This tutorial explains you how to set up the Arduino IDE for this microprocessor in order to flash the software.
Install the Arduino Software
a) Please install the Arduino Software on your computer. Please do not use the web version but download and install the version for Linux, Mac, or Windows. We use this software to transfer the code to the microprocessor (and make adjustments to the code).
b) Enable the ESP8266 board (Wemos D1 Mini). You need to enable the D1 mini board in the Arduino IDE by following these steps:
- Start Arduino and open the Preferences window.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/espressif/arduino-esp32/gh-pages/package_esp32_dev_index.jsoninto Additional Board Manager URLs field.
- Open Boards Manager from Tools > Board menu and find the ESP32 platform.
- Select the latest version you need from a drop-down box.
- Click the install button.
- Don’t forget to select the Lolin C3 Mini board from Tools > Board > ESP 32 menu after installation.
If you have any problems with the above, please do not hesitate to contact us!